When you think about boudoir photography, what types of clothing come to mind? Do you think of bold, skimpy undergarments? Pretty, dainty pieces? What about more unique outfits with themes and complementing props? There are so many options to consider when shopping for your boudoir session. Let’s take a look at some of the more popular ones:
1) Lingerie and matching undergarment sets– These are probably the first articles of clothing that come to mind when you think of boudoir. They are sexy, fun and full of variety. When shopping for these items, be sure to take your unique body shape into consideration, as some items look better on specific figures.
2) Your partner’s clothing– Whether it’s his favorite shirt, his uniform, his jeans, or his overalls, bring your man’s clothing for some surprisingly sexy photographs.
3) Themed outfits– We’re not talking about cheap Halloween costumes- think more along the lines of early 20th-century fur coats or vintage pinup shots. Props are quite useful in pulling together your theme of choice, so start gathering them!
4) Casual wear– Ever wonder how models make tank tops and blue jeans look sexy? Here’s your chance to find out! A good photographer will be able to make you look attractive in jeans, tank tops, pajamas, loose knit sweaters, and even sportswear. Bring your favorite outfits!
5) Sexy little dresses– You really can’t go wrong with a nice dress.
6) Corsets and bustiers- Although they aren’t made for comfort, corsets and bustiers are incredibly sexy when worn right. Bustiers offer a breast lift while corsets tend to flatten the chest, so shop for your body type.
7) Nothing– If you’re feeling up to it, having a couple of nude or mostly nude shots will really spice up your collection. Your photographer will be able to use props and lighting effects to cover all of your essentials. The result will be artistic and tasteful rather than pornographic.
These are just a few options to consider when shopping for your boudoir session. Make sure you shop for your unique body shape and choose pieces that you will feel comfortable wearing during your shoot. When in doubt, bring pieces that you know your man appreciates on you. Having so many options might seem daunting, but have fun with it! This is a unique opportunity to showcase your real beauty, so enjoy the whole experience!